How to configure the Windows Backup Policy on a DL appliance to write to a network location
Older appliances deployed a Windows Backup disk that was 75GB in size and this may be too small. In order to avoid resetting the appliance to factory settings to re-create the Windows Backup disk a network location can used for the backup.
1. Open Task Scheduler (taskschd.msc)
2. Select the Dell Appliance folder to view the scheduled task
3. Right Click on the task and select Properties
4. Choose the Actions tab and then Edit
5. The Backup task can be modified to change to a network location. This must also include a username and password with rights to access the location