Quest has been named as an ASP "Ten Best Web Support Sites" award winner. Learn more.
Rapid Recovery allows customers to create One-Time or Continuous Virtual Exports to Microsoft Azure. When you complete the Virtual Machine Deployment wizard, you receive the following error event - 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object.'
Cloud accounts was not added in Rapid Recovery.
ERROR 2017-02-01T04:12:31  - ServiceHost.InMemoryHosting.InMemoryServiceHost ()
Method 'ValidateDeploymentRequest' of service 'Replay.Core.Contracts.Cloud.Deployment.ICloudVirtualMachineDeploymentManagement' failed
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException depth 0: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. (0x80131604) ---> System.NullReferenceException depth 1: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. (0x80004003)
1. Create cloud service on Azure ( classic management model).
2. In Rapid Recovery Core console, click on "More", next to Settings (Gear icon) and select "Cloud Accounts".
3. Click on "Add New Account".
4. Fill in the necessaries, such as "Cloud Type", "Storage Account Name", "Access Key", and "Display Name".
5. Click Save and make sure the newly added Cloud account was reflected under Display Name.
6. Select it (or already existing cloud service) from the Cloud service name drop-down menu at Deploy step in VM Export Wizard.