Follow these steps to install the Rapid Recovery Agent for Ubuntu.
1. Open a terminal session with root access.
2. Determine your present working directory by entering PWD and pressing Enter. For example, assume your directory is /home/rapidrecovery/.
3. Download the appropriate Rapid Recovery Agent .deb installation file from the License Portal at
https://licenseportal.com to your present working directory.
4. To establish a persistent connection between your Linux machine and the remote Dell repository in which Rapid Recovery software and components are stored, type the following command:
dpkg -i <.deb installation file you downloaded>
Any missing packages or files required by the Agent will be downloaded from the remote repository and installed automatically as part of the script.
5. Install the Rapid Recovery Agent by invoking the apt package manager, updating the repository
manager. Type the following command, and then press Enter:
6. Tell the package manager to install the Rapid Recovery Agent software. Type the following command and then press Enter:
apt-get install rapidrecovery-agent
7. The package manager prepares to install all dependent files. If prompted to confirm installation of unsigned files,
Enter y and then press Enter.