Technical documents are your best resource for finding answers to you basic and advanced product questions. The most recent information, what is supported, minimum requirements, latest features, and install and user guides, can be found in the Technical Documentation section of AppAssure and Rapid Recovery’s Self Service Tools.
The majority of documents are web browsable and web searchable. All documents may be saved as a PDF. Documents may vary by product and product version. By default, documents displayed are for the most recent build of that product, but you can select previous builds as needed.
Primary documents include:
- Release Notes: This document provides information about:
- Latest release information
- New features and enhancements
- OS support and changes, expanded Linux support, GUI changes, reporting updates and more.
- Resolved Issues
- Known Issues
- System Requirements
- Getting started
- Configuration Guide:
- Replication Target for Microsoft Azure Setup Guide: Setup Guide for Microsoft Azure users who want to replicate on-premise backups to the Azure cloud, taking advantage of the simplicity, security and redundancy offered by Microsoft’s cloud computing platform.
- Third-Party Integration Guide: This guide describes how to install and configure the add-in for increased third-party integration with Kaseya Virtual System Administrator (VSA).
- Installation Guide:
- Installation and Upgrade Guide: This document provides information about installing the latest version of AppAssure or Rapid Recovery, and upgrading from prior builds to the most recent version.
- User Guide:
- DocRetriever for SharePoint User Guide: This user guide describes how to use DocRetriever for SharePoint® to restore information stored on your SharePoint front-end web servers. It describes how to recover and restore SharePoint objects from the site collection level down to the component level.
- Mailbox Restore for Exchange User Guide: This document describes how to use Mailbox Restore™ in conjunction with AppAssure or Rapid Recovery to restore Microsoft Exchange mailboxes and items.
- User Guide: This User Guide document provides information for users of AppAssure and Rapid Recovery. It provides context and instructions for using the products effectively.
- License Portal 6.0.1 User Guide: Data Protection Appliance License Portal User Guide
- Reference Guide:
- Command Line Management Reference Guide: This reference guide describes how to use Command Line Management utility in conjunction with the product. It provides information to allow third-party access to manage system functionality and scripting.
- PowerShell Module Reference Guide: This is a reference guide for using the PowerShell Module utility. Users of PowerShell can interact with the Core Server external to the user interface. This document lists available PowerShell commands.
- Sizing Guide1: The sizing guide is structured to help you plan for your backup needs. Provides planning tips and calculations for all aspects of sizing a core server. Core processors, RAM, network, and amount of storage needed are base on the number and type of protected machines, features you will use, and the amount of raw data to be protected.
1NOTE: You should carefully review the caveats, exclusions, and assumptions to ensure you meet the requirements.