LATEST - April 2019
KACE Cloud Mobile Device Manager
We are excited to announce our most recent updates to KACE Cloud Mobile Device Manager.
- Android Fully Managed Devices — The new Fully Managed Android Device feature lets administrators set up Android devices in fully managed mode for optimal control—it also includes new restrictions and a new Android Options library. Learn more
Enhancements to Features and Functionality:
- Multi-Configuration for Android Apps— This feature enhancement allows the creation of multiple configurations for a single Android app. Not all apps allow this functionality, but an administrator can determine which apps are available for multi-configuration by locating the gear icon adjacent to the app in the master list.
- Android Agent Version — An admin can now install the latest version of the KACE Android Agent app to any Android device by selecting the device, then selecting Install Agent App in the Android dropdown. Once Install Agent App is selected, the most recent version of the app will be pulled up automatically, and an admin only needs to approve permissions and save to deploy.
- Device History Charting — Device history now includes a chart feature that provides visualization of activity relating to successful, pending, and failed commands as well as KACE Lifecycle events (enroll/unenroll), label add/remove, and manual runs of inventory. Chart filters include activity type and date range.
- New Filtering Capabilities— Our device and user filtering capabilities now include passcode policy and restriction options that are specific to device management policies: iOS Default, Android Personal, and Android Work (fully managed).
- Reboot for Android 7.0+ — An admin can send a 'Reboot' command that will attempt to restart one or more fully managed Android devices.
- Reassign/Unassign Company-Owned Device(s)
- When reassigning a company-owned device that is Android Fully Managed or iOS Supervised, all applied configurations (e.g., apps, wi-fi, VPN) will be removed. All configurations set for auto-deployment to your company devices will then be deployed to the device. An admin can also choose to clear the passcode from the device during the process.
- When unassigning a user from a company-owned device, the current user is removed and no new user is assigned. When unassigning a company-owned device that is Android Fully Managed or iOS Supervised, all applied configurations (e.g., apps, wi-fi, VPN) will be removed. An admin can also choose to clear the passcode from the device during the process.
- Subscription Details — Additional subscription information is now
listed on the Settings page, including subscription type, start and end dates,
and available licenses. If you're running a trial subscription, you will have
access to a button for renewal that will allow you to automatically renew for
another 30 days if you need additional time to evaluate the product.
Read more about what's new in this update
Be sure to check out the KACE Cloud MDM Product Support page to find solution articles, tips and tricks, documentation, notifications, video tutorials, and a product user forum.