Currently, if you schedule a report in Performance Analysis, the scheduling is done through the Windows task schedule systems service on the Performance Analysis client machine, and the client must be running when the report is to be executed.
Is it possible to have a reporting mechanism that runs on the middleware machine, so that no client has to be running when the reports are executed?
Here are the requirements needed to close Performance Analysis GUI client after
generating a report:
1) The reports run from any PC as long as the Performance Analysis GUI Client is installed on.
2) The Performance Analysis GUI client is only used to create the reports and to schedule them.
3) The reports are using Task Scheduler only after they are created by the Performance Analysis GUI client.
4) The PC where the reports are scheduled to run does have to be up and running.
5) As long as the user does not shutdown the PC where the user will schedule to run the reports, the reports will execute.
6) Then, the Performance Analysis GUI Client does not have to be running.