We can't use CALL.AGAIN since the StealthCollect process is listening on a random port which is not accessible by the SSH. We can't use CALL.TUNNEL due to a Framework issue which does not allows using a CALL.TUNNEL on a local host.
1. Set the SERVER.ARCH parameter to CALL.AGAIN.REUSE and the PORT parameter to the second port needed for the connection.
In order to change the SERVER.ARCH framework parameter, you can use the Web Administrator:
a. Using a browser, connect to the framework as follows: http://<host_name>:<launcher_port_number>, then click on the Quest Agent Manager Configuration.
b. Provide the QAM user/password. NOTE: the default user/password is quest/quest.
c. Click on the agent status, and then on the "Click here for the global Configuration".
d. Then all the framework configuration parameters will be available, change the relevant parameter and save the changes. NOTE: by double clicking on the relevant parameter a short description will appear.
e. NOTE: if dealing with a specific process we should double click the relevant process name that we would like to configure.
1. Edit the <installation_directory>/agents/StealthCollect/6.0/<HOST-SID>/quest_sc_collector/config/ quest_sc_mw file file which located in the Collector machine as follows:
Change the line: host "<middleware_host _name>" to be host "127.0.0.1"
2. In case of 2-Tier installation, perform the following:
- install the Middleware on a port which is different from the collector port.
- set the SERVER.ARCH parameter to CALL.AGAIN.REUSE against the middleware machine framework.
- Note: In case that there is also SSH connection between the middleware to the collector (servers A1 and A2), we need to edit the file <installation_directory>/agents/StealthCollect/6.0/<HOST-SID>/quest_sc_mw/config/quest_sc_mw.cfg which located in the Middleware machine as follows:
change the collector host="<host name>" to collector host="127.0.0.1"
Please make sure the agent processes are restarted after this change. Reconnect to the Performance Analysis GUI, you should be able to connect to the monitored server.