The meeting link migration task will create a new Team meeting with the original meeting details in the target tenant. It will set the target user as the organizer. The original meeting migrated to the target will be canceled. The cancellation will be automatically sent out to the organizer and recipients.
Subsequent runs of a Meeting Link Migration Task will not process the meetings that were previously updated.
Here is a list of things to consider when running a meeting link migration (More information HERE):
- The attendee list is not updated to match the target domain.
- A new meeting is created if the migrating user is the organizer of that particular Team meeting.
- A meeting is not recreated if the source meeting was created in Microsoft Teams through a Teams channel.
- On Demand Migration recreates present and future meetings, both one-time and recurring meetings. Meetings that happened in the past are migrated with Calendar migration.
- Meetings recreated on target could result in meeting time zone updates to UTC. This is one of the limitations of the Microsoft Graph API.
- The subsequent runs of the Meeting Link Migration Task will skip the meetings which were previously processed.
- Properties like a flag and categories are not supported with this migration.
IMPORTANT:The cancellation email will be sent to the mailboxes of target attendees. If mail forwarding from the target to the source is not configured for them, the attendees in the source tenant will not receive the cancellation email. As a result, they will observe both the original meeting, which was canceled, and the new one, created by the On Demand service.Mailbox migration with the Migrate Calendar option selected, must be completed before starting this task.