The NetVault 8.6.3 Server was migrated to a new machine as needed to upgrade the hardware and the Windows Operating System. The NVDB was also restored to the new machine as well.
Unfortunately the NetVault Services would always stop after about 7-10 seconds after restarting.
We followed all steps in SOL78784 and didn’t make a difference, so put the items back again.
I then gathered Trace and found the following items in the Program Manager Trace:
START OF DAY PROCESS 'WORKSTATION CLIENT SCHEDULER' HAS DIED
So I found a KBA SOL95561 and describes that NetVault 8.63 no longer ships with the "Workstation Client Scheduler", but the NetVault database that was backed up still had an entry in the procmgr.cfg file as the WCS was bundled on the previous version of NetVault.
So we removed the entries listed in that KBA from the "procmgr.cfg" file in the netVault/config folder and then saved the file. Now the NetVault services runs again.
Unfortunately those entries from the KBA would reappear in the "procmgr.cfg" file when rebooting the NetVault Server and the NetVault Services would stop after a while again.
Since there was still an entry of the WSC in the NVDB i.e. entered the WSC Scheduler data and the new NVBU 8.6.3 Software didn't include the WSC, the NetVault Server would still search for the WSC.
Since the NetVault Server couldn't find the WSC, the NetVault services would stop.
Resolution now depends on if WSC is required or not.