After upgrading plugin for VMware from version 11.1 to the version 11.2 virtual volumes cant be mounted for Perform File Level Indexing.
Traces on the proxy machine shows:
0 VDDK :02140 52 0 171645.574309 VDDK error message is 'Driver not found'
0 VDDK :04340 19 0 171645.574294 VDDK: ERROR: Vmount library: Error 2 while opening VSTOR2 driver's control device
VMware mount driver goes into an inconsistent state during plugin upgrade/installation which results in to failure of the vm's hard disks on the client proxy. This has been identified as a bug.
Defect ID: 32473
1. sc query vstor2-mntapi20-shared
- If the service is not present, go skip step 2 and 3 and contnue in Install service step.
Otherwise do step 2 and 3.
1. copy \bin\vmware\bin\vstor2-mntapi20-shared.sys to
C:\Windows\System32\drivers on proxy client.
2. Open cmd prompt with admin rights
3. Run below command to install service
4. Check the status of service by executing below command. It should be in stopped state.
5. Start service by executing following command
sc start vstor2-mntapi20-shared