Free with maintenance. This is the second module in a four-part NetVault Backup implementation and administration course series designed to instruct students on the essentials of deploying, configuring, and operating NetVault Backup in their environment. In this module, we will discuss the features and functions that are most widely used for the daily administration of data protection tasks in a NetVault Backup domain. In addition, best practices for planning a backup and recovery strategy will be presented.
After completing the entire series, you will have received detailed instructions on NetVault Backup implementation and administration skills, basic troubleshooting techniques, and best practices.
The following prerequisites are recommended for this course:
• Completion of Module One; Introduction to NetVault Backup.
• Working knowledge of system administration in a Windows, Linux/Unix, or Macintosh based operating environment.
• Familiarity with basic backup and retrieval concepts and theories.
• General knowledge of networking and storage concepts and terminology.
• Virtual lab access requires a broadband internet connection.
This course has the following objectives:
• Planning a backup and recovery strategy.
• Understanding the major backup job types and their functions.
• Defining a backup job using the file system plug-in.
• Creating and managing the sets used by all NetVault Backup jobs.
• Understanding the usage, creation and management of a backup policy.
• Understanding the options available for restoring data.
• Working with the job management functions of NetVault Backup’s web-based UI.
• Provide an overview of NetVault Backup’s reporting capabilities
This course is available free to customers that have current software maintenance for the selected product. Please review the course outline and click Launch Course to continue. If you do not have current software maintenance, you will be provided with alternative options. For more information, contact your Account Manager or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The course is available in English language only.