The customer was expiencing an issue with resolving the configured 'ForwardingAddress' in Lotus Notes. For some users it seems that the LN Client can't resolve the 'ForwardingAddress' when sending or clicking F9. If the 'ForwardingAddress' can't be resolved, the mail is send to the LN database and NOT to the Office 365 Mailbox. What could be the reason for not resolving the 'ForwardingAddress'?
This issue was caused by one or more of the following factors:
1) Local client names lookup was cached.
2) Previous address of the user was cached in the sender's local PAB
3) The router task on the Domino server had not been restarted for a while
This issue was resolved in the following manner:
1) Local client was configured to look at the Local address book and the Public Address book.
2) Removed the old addresses from the local PAB
3) Router task was restarted on the server.