ASP Error is received when navigating to the PSU (Password Synchronization Utility) web page, after entering the username and password and clicking 'OK':
"Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0131'
Disallowed Parent Path
/NDSPSK/Scripts/Result.asp, line 3
The Include file '../Templates/Messages.asp' cannot contain '..' to indicate the parent directory."
This error will occur when the PSU utility is running on a Windows 2003 server and Parent Paths are not enabled in IIS (Internet Information Services).
Enable Parent Paths in IIS Manager by taking the following steps:
1. Select Start | Programs | Administrative Tools | Internet Information Services Manager.
2. Right-click on the 'NDSPSK' Virtual Directory and select Properties.
3. Select the Virtual Directory tab and click Configuration.
4. In the Application Configuration window select the Options tab.
5. Select the 'Enable parent paths' check box.
For more information on this error message, and other possible errors, refer to the following Microsoft Knowledge Base Articles:
Article ID: 226474 - "Err Msg: Active Server Pages, ASP 0131 Disallowed Parent Path":
Article ID: 332117 - "Enable Parent Paths Is Disabled by Default in IIS 6.0":