What are the system requirements for GroupWise Migrator for Exchange version 4.0?
The system requirements for GroupWise Migrator for Exchange 4.0 include.
GroupWise Migrator for Exchange requires the installation and configuration of multiple components on various machines. The admin's migration workstation in particular will host an unusual combination of tools, developed by different vendors, and the combination can cause compatibility problems on some machines. Be sure to see the more detailed System Requirements in the GME Pre-Migration Planning Guide or Quick-Start Guide for tips to get multiple applications from different vendors to cooperate when installed together on an admin workstation.
This list specifies the basic minimum hardware and software requirements for GroupWise Migrator for Exchange:
On the GroupWise server:
Must be running a Novell GroupWise version in the range 8.0.0–8.0.2, or 6.0–7.0.4.
On the Exchange server:
Supported Target Environments
To a Proprietary Exchange Network: Exchange 2010 SP0 or SP1 and Exchange 2007 SP0, SP1 or SP2
To a Hosted Exchange Network: Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Live@edu and Microsoft BPOS-S
On the Active Directory server:
Required accounts as described in the GME Quick-Start Guide and Pre-Migration Planning Guide.
On each GME admin workstation (running GME admin components):
Exchange 2010, or a "hosted" Exchange (MS Office 365, Live@Edu or BPOS-S): Windows XP x86 (only) SP3, Windows Vista Enterprise Edition x86 (only) SP1 and SP2, Windows Server 2003 x86 (only) SP2, and Windows Server 2003 R2 x86 (only) SP2
Exchange 2007: Windows XP x86 (only) SP2 and SP3, Windows Vista Enterprise Edition x86 (only) SP1 and SP2, Windows Server 2003 x86 (only) SP1 and SP2, and Windows Server 2003 R2 x86 (only) SP1 and SP2
Important: GME requires the English-language edition OS/PowerShell on the admin workstation.
• Workstation must be a separate machine from the Exchange server, but a member of the same domain as AD and Exchange, and meeting these minimum hardware requirements:
• 1+ GHz processor.
• 1GB memory.
• 20GB free disk space.
• Recommendations for improved performance, especially for high-volume migrations:
• 3+ GHz processor.
• 2GB memory.
• 1 Gbps NIC.
• 1 Gbps or faster network connections among all migration workstations and the Exchange and GroupWise servers.
• The Novell NetWare Administrator program (NWAdmin or ConsoleOne) must be installed.
• The Novell client for NetWare (client version 4.7 or higher, 4.91 SP2 recommended) must be installed.
• The GroupWise client (version 6.0–7.0.4 or 8.0.0–8.0.2) must be installed.
• Outlook 2003, 2007 or 2010 must be installed.
• Required for migration to Exchange 2010, MS Office 365 or Live@Edu: Windows PowerShell 2.0 (a component of Windows Management Framework, available at this writing at this Microsoft link).
• Required for migration to Exchange 2007: Exchange 2007 RTM, SP1 or SP2 Management Tools (32-bit edition, US English only), which in turn requires: .Net Framework 2.0, Microsoft Management Console (MMC), and Windows PowerShell. The 32-bit edition of Exchange 2007 Management Tools is available (at this writing) at this Microsoft link, and see also Microsoft's installation instructions.
On user desktops (if running the SSDM):
• Must be running Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, or Windows Vista.
• Must be running Outlook 2003, 2007 or 2010.
• Must be running a GroupWise client version 6.0–7.0.4 or 8.0.0–8.0.2.
Must have network access.
Required Accounts & Permissions:
Important: In addition to the hardware and software requirements specified here, GME requires the configuration of admin accounts for access to directory and user data in both GroupWise and Exchange. For these additional configuration requirements, be sure to see the more detailed System Requirements in the GME Pre-Migration Planning Guide or Quick-Start Guide.
* The system requirements outlined above are applicable to both physical and virtual machines (VMware is supported).
* Order of Installation (on migration workstation): A migration requires an unusual combination of tools, developed by different vendors, all installed on this single admin workstation, and the combination can cause compatability problems on some machines. To minimize these conflicts, Quest recommends that the applications be installed (per the specifications noted below) in this particular order:
1. Windows Messaging Subsystem
2. GroupWise client
3. Outlook client
4. Microsoft PowerShell (only if migrating to Exchange 2007)
6. Exchange Admin tools
* For further details, please see the System Requirements section of the User Guide, which can be found under 'Most Recent Product Documentation' on the Product Resources page: