Shared Folder Notification Template does not include instructions for opening up a shared folder in Outlook 2007/2010
The Shared Folder Notification Template currently is not updated to include the relevant instructions. This can be edited to include the instructions as shown below.
Please use the following instructions to open a default Outlook folder that a user shared to you, please follow these steps (in Outlook 2007/2010):
1. In the sharing invitation, note the name of the Outlook folder that the user shared to you.
2. On the File menu, point to Open, and then click Other User's Folder.
3. In the Open Other User's Folder dialog box, type the name of the user who owns the folder in the Name box, click folder in the Folder type box, and then click OK.
To open a non-default Outlook folder shared to you (in Outlook 2007):
1. Click Account Settings on the Tools menu.
2. Under the E-mail tab select your Exchange Server account, and then click Change.
3. Click More Settings.
4. In the Microsoft Exchange dialog box, click the Advanced tab, and then click Add.
5. In the Add Mailbox dialog box, type the name of the owner of the shared folder, and then click OK.
6. Click OK, click Next, and then click Finish.
7. In the navigation pane, expand Mailbox - UserNameOfFolderOwner, and then click the folder that the user shared to you.
For more information, please see the following Microsoft KB article titled "You cannot open an Outlook folder from a sharing invitation that you receive from another Outlook user" for more information: