Contacts are visible, but cannot be used. This can be verified when the "Show this folder as an email address book" is grayed out on the Contacts properties screen.
The Outlook Address Book is not installed as a service for Outlook profiles. This is likely caused by using the Office Resource Kit to distribute Outlook to workstations.
1. Choose Tools | Email Accounts...
2. Choose VIEW | Directory | choose View or change....address books..Is the Outlook Address book visible in that window?
1. Click on Add a new directory or address book, then Next >.
2. Select Additional Address Books then click Next >.
3. Choose Outlook Address Book from the list of additional address book types, then click Next >.
4. You will be prompted to close Outlook and reopen it for the changes to take effect.
5. Repeat steps 1-3 above to set up your address book (if necessary).
Since this is not a GroupWise Migrator related issue, this may occur in different releases of the product.