Due to the Microsoft Exchange Connector for Novell GroupWise not being supported directly with Microsoft Exchange 2007 (see the following Microsoft link titled "Exchange 2007 | Discontinued Features and De-Emphasized Functionality | Connector Features" heading for more information on the features discontinued in Microsoft Exchange 2007):
...and if using the Microsoft Exchange Connector for Novell GroupWise is desired, there is a need to install Microsoft Exchange 2003 to facilitate connector routing.
First will be the need to install Microsoft Exchange 2003 with the Microsoft Exchange Connector for Novell GroupWise.
Please see the following Microsoft link titled "How to Migrate from a Novell GroupWise Messaging Infrastructure to Microsoft Exchange 2003" at the following link on how to set up, configure and troubleshoot the Microsoft Exchange 2003 Connector for Novell GroupWise:
Second, install Microsoft Exchange 2007 and have it connect to the existing Exchange 2003 server Organization
Please see the following Microsoft link titled "How to Install Exchange 2007 in an Existing Exchange Server 2003 Organization" on how to install Microsoft Exchange 2007 into an existing Exchange 2003 Organization:
At this point, mail routing should function (prior to using Quest GroupWise Migrator for Exchange). To test mail routing flow, please see the attached document titled "Coexistence with Exchange 2007" (file name "GME+Coex+w+Exchg+2007.pdf" in the 'Attachments' area of this solution).
**Please do not continue until mail routing is successfully achieved as described in this document ("Coexistence with Exchange 2007")**
Once mail routing is successfully tested:
- Use the Quest GroupWise Migrator for Exchange Active Directory Object Merge Tool wizard (*if needed*) to merge the Microsoft Exchange Connector for Novell GroupWise created contacts with Active Directory users (creating one mail-enabled user) on the Microsoft Exchange 2007 server
- Use Quest GroupWise Migrator for Exchange Administrator Drive Batch Migration tool to mailbox-enable the mail-enabled user(s) (from the previous step) in Microsoft Exchange 2007
- After mailbox-enabling the Microsoft Exchange 2007 objects, the Exchange 2003 Recipient Update Services should stamp the "GWISE:Exchange.First Administrative Group.&m" value as described in the following Microsoft document titled "How to Enable and Customize Novell GroupWise Proxy Addresses":
- If the "GWISE:Exchange.First Administrative Group.&m" value is not stamped at the time the Active Directory user is mailbox-enabled in Exchange 2007, please force the Recipient Policy to be applied by using the following Microsoft Knowledgebase article 319065 titled "How to work with the Exchange Recipient Update Service | How to Manually Update the Recipient Update Service" on the Microsoft Exchange 2003 server:
- Move mail from GroupWise to Microsoft Exchange 2007