This article provides troubleshooting suggestions when MAPI and/or GroupWise Access Errors occur. These are the most common errors reported by our customers. GroupWise Migrator for Exchange uses MAPI and the Windows Messaging Subsystem to migrate data, which means it is highly dependent on the condition or state of each computer.
Examples of MAPI and/or GroupWise Access errors include:
- "WARNING: IDS_GW_OBJAPI_LOGIN_ERR"
- "ERROR: Worker #1 (process ID 00000420) failed with exit code 0xC0000005"
- "ERROR: You must have a GroupWise profile as your default Windows Messaging profile. You are missing the following MAPI Services:
14:09:36 GroupWise Personal Address Book"
- "ERROR: Worker #1 (process ID 00000610) failed with exit code 0xC0000005"
- "ERROR: The program launched to migrate user 'name' aborted"
If you are running the migration process to do GroupWise functions and Migrate users in one run, you should attempt to run the migration process in two runs:
a). GroupWise Functions.
b). Migrate Users.
If you still receive any MAPI and/or GroupWise Access errors, please do the following:
1. Delete the Novell Default Settings profile on the Migration Server. This can be found in the Properties of the Outlook icon under "Show Profiles."
2. Login to the GroupWise Client with the same credentials used for GroupWise Migrator. This will recreate the Novell Default Settings Profile.
3. Verify that you can view the address books (personal and system) and the archive files you are migrating.
4. Verify that Outlook is the default client for all the Internet Services on the migration server. This can be determined under: Control Panel | Internet Options | Programs.
5. Rerun the migration.
If GroupWise Migrator continues to report MAPI or access errors after following the above steps, please take the following steps:
1. Re-install Outlook.