To configure MMPST to use Windows Azure Storage follow the below steps.
Create The Storage in Azure
- In the Azure portal click New | Data + Storage | Storage Account
- in "Create Storage Account" provide a name for the storage.
- Choose "Resource Manager" for the Deployment model.
- For Account kind select "Blob Storage".
- Performance will be "Standard".
- use "Locally-redundant storage" for the replication type.
- Access tier can be Cool.
- Add it to a subscription.
- Create a new or use an existing resource group.
- Select proper location.
- Click "Create"
- Storage will take a moment to provision. Once it has provisioned find it in "All Resources" and select it.
- Go to Settings | Access Keys. Click the ... next to key1 and select "View Connection String".
- A "View Connection String" bow will appear. Select the connection string and copy it to the clipboard. it will begin with a "DefaultEndpointsProtocal"
Add the Connection String to the Backup Module
- In MMPST go to Settings | Module Editor | and select the Backup tab.
- In the Backup Location select Cloud. In the Storage connection string paste in the copied connection string. Then click Apply in the ribbon.
- Open services.msc and restart the backup service to complete the configuration.
- Down the "Microsoft Azure Storage Explorer" tool from Microsoft. At the time of writing it can be found here (http://storageexplorer.com/).
- One installed, connect to the storage in Azure Storage Explorer by using the connection string. Click on Connect.
- Paste in the connection string and clikc Next and then Connect.
- You should now see the storage in the explorer.
- Have MMPST process a file with the backup module, refresh the storage in the Azure Storage Explorer. under "Blob Containers you should see the container that the module created and the pst files(s)that have been backed up to the blob storage.