If you have a one way sync (source to target) in place, and have user attributes in the source that are blank, will those blank attributes erase any information those attributes may contain in the target?
If the attribute is blank and has not changed since the last sync, it will not overwrite the target with a blank value. However, if it has been set to blank since the last sync, this change will synchronize to the target, erasing the target attribute (This is the same behavior as with any attribute, blank or populated).
Source attributes will overwrite target attributes, UNLESS the source attributes are blank, in which case the target attributes are unchanged.
- If the source description is blank, and a description is then added to the target, the blank source description will not overwrite the target description.
- However, if the source description is filled out and has been synchronized to the target, and then the source description is deleted, the target description will ALSO be deleted.
If you have changed attributes on the target domain and wish to keep those changes from being overwritten, you can configure QMM to skip attributes. This will ignore the selected attributes and the changes made in the target will remain. This is configured in your domain pair properties:
- Right-click your domain pair
- Select "Properties"
- Click "Object Matching" in the left pane
- Click "Attributes to Skip"
- Select the attributes you want to skip on the source and/or target domain.