Static Collection Type Used to:
- Migrate a group of objects with non-default mapping or matching rules
- Re-migrate groups after their members were migrated to Microsoft Office 365 to resolve group membership
- Synchronize a group of objects to keep their attributes actual in Microsoft Office 365
- Re-migrate users after their mailboxes have been created in Microsoft Office 365 for migration of the following mailbox attributes to Microsoft Office 365:
- The mailbox and the Send As permissions;
- The linked attributes such as group membership, the Send On Behalf permission, the publicDelegates attribute, and the others.
Dynamic Collection Type Used to:
- Synchronize all objects from Active Directory domain with Microsoft Office 365 to maintain a unified global address list (GAL)
NOTE: Dynamic collections can be involved only in directory synchronization tasks and cannot be used for migration tasks.