- Ensure all DSA and Matching settings are set exactly as desired
- Right click synchonization for the associated domain pair
- Select "stop"
- Wait for the stop operation to complete, then right click and select "Start and Resync"
In some scenarios, you may have to go one step further with the following:
- Ensure all DSA and matching settings are set exactly as desired.
- Stop directory synchronization for the affected domain pair.
- Wait for the operation to fully complete as per the console.
- On the server that hosts the dirsync agent (sometimes is the console) navigate to "
%ProgramFiles%\Quest Software\Migration Manager\DSA\Cache
On 64 bit machines it will be in program files (x86), or if it is on an alternate data drive ensure to look there too.
- Within the cache folder, copy all of the contents to a backup folder
- Delete the contents of the cache folder so it is empty
- Right click synchronization in the console and select "start and resync"
This resync process may take a long time to complete. After some time passes after initial sync, re-assess the situation. It may take some time for the error to no longer display in the console.