To run through this scenario, you must have a site that contained docs before a StoragePoint profile was configured.
1. Check StoragePoint Item Details for your existing Documents in the documents list. The item’s location should be Content Database.
2. Open Central Administration and navigate to Application Management and then Storage Profiles, found under the Metalogix StoragePoint heading.
3. Under Advanced Configuration, Click on Jobs for the profile for which you wish to externalize BLOBs.
4. On the Job Configuration page, scroll down to the StoragePoint BLOB Externalization section and from the dropdown list, select the web front end server on which you wish to run the job.
5.Click the Show link next to Advanced Job Settings in order to set up notifications. Enter the number of processing threads to use during job execution. It will default to one thread per processor.
6. Click the Analyze and Estimate button to display an estimate of the space savings that will result from running the externalize job.
7. Click the Externalize Content Now button in order to run the job immediately. Once you click this, you will see a time stamp for your externalization job, and a link to open the Job Status page if you want to watch the job complete.
8. To confirm, check StoragePoint details for pre-existing documents, the item’s location will now be Externalized (RBS).