After moving the MessageStats database from one machine to another machine MessageStats reports is not showing any data on the right pane.
This behavior mainly happens when MessageStats is installed using the MSDE version of the install files. When MessageStats is installed using this version in a machine where a MessageStats database already exists, it renames the old database to MessageStats001.mdf and create a new database named MessageStats.mdf and point the console to the newly created database.
To resolve this delete/rename the newly created database and rename the old one from MessageStats001.mdf to MessageStats.mdf. This can be done as follows.
Before doing this please make sure that MessageStats console is closed.
1. Go to Start | Programs | Microsoft SQL Server | Enterprise Manager
2. Expand the server and then expand Databases
3. Right click on the MessageStats database and click on properties
4. Select Data Files and note down the location of the database.
5. Now go to MessageStats001 database and note down the location of the database as mentioned in Step 4
6. Open Windows Explorer and go to the location of the MessageStats.mdf database
7. Rename the MessageStats.mdf to MessageStats.old or delete this database
8. Go to the location of MessageStats001.mdf database file.
9. Rename it to MessageStats.mdf.
10. Close Enterprise Manager.
11. Reopen MessageStats console.