When installing LiteSpeed on a clustered machine, the following error displays: Error: "Failed Creating directories on the <Server_Name> node or access is denied".
Error may appear similarly to:
1. Copy your LiteSpeed.msi to the active node.
2. Logon with system administrator account equivalent.
3. Double click to begin the setup.
4. Get to the screen where it gives you the option to SELECT all instances for the same login and show ACTION (INSTALL) for your instances.
5. Click the INSTALL | change it to IGNORE for all.
6. Click next to get to the license registration | select demo for now.
It should pass the error, if you are still getting the same error, then copy LiteSpeed.msi, and run the setup from your failing to create the directory. Then, follow the step above from 2 to 6. Once, it is done with the installation, and you should be able to run the INSTANCE CONFIGURATION to populate the binary files;
a. Select Start | all programs | Quest Software | LiteSpeed | Instance Configuration.
b. Leave the INSTALL intact this time.
c. Open a query analyzer | select master | type EXEC XP_SQLLITESPEED_VERSION to confirm the engine is available.