Is it possible to run the LiteSpeedInstance Configuration via command line?
The following are the steps to manually run the Instance Configuration on a server from the command line.
1. You willneed to generate the XML using the Silent Installer. Run SADeployConfig.exe found in the directory C:\Program Files\Quest Software\LiteSpeed\SQL Server\ Server (default).
2. You need to have the installation available. The first step of the Silent installation asks for the location of this file. Use the default options select and press Next.
3. Enter your Domain, Username, and Password and press Next
4. Enter the <ServerName> and Press Next. Note: You may get a Warning message that is similar to the following:
Host <ServerName>, LiteSpeed Previous Version = 220.127.116.1168 Installation Version = 18.104.22.16868 (This is information only. Just ignore it.)
Press OK and then Next
5. Enter the Service account (or use the same account) and press Next
6. Enter the Local Repository information and press Next
7. Enter the Central Repository information and press Next
8. Select the option in the Repository Update window and Press Next
9. On the Registration window, you can select register later if you already have the server registered. Otherwise select either option.
10. Select Next on the Summary window.
11. Click on the Write Configuration Files on the Generate Files window. This will generate an xml file in the directory.
12. Click on Finish.
13. Once you have this, you can run the following script from the command line:
SLSInstaller.exe C:\Program Files\Quest Software\LiteSpeed\SQL Server\ 0 1 C:\Program Files\Quest Software\LiteSpeed\SQL Server\<Name of the XML file>
Note: Youâ??ll have to create an xml file for each server.