If a mailbox has been migrated to Office 365 from an on-premise Exchange server, we need to update the properties of that mailbox in Metalogix Archive Manager to make the software aware that the mailbox has been moved.
To update the mailbox/es we use the Archive Manager Office 365 Migration tool available from support.
Using the Metalogix Archive Manager for Exchange Office 365 Migration Tool
1. Install the Migration tool on the archive server and start it as Administrator
2. Once the Archive Manager Migration Tool is open, we will need to connect to your Metalogix Archive Manager database. To do this click the + next to Archive Manager
3. Enter the connection information to connect to the Metalogix Archive Manager for Exchange SQL database.
For Migrations to Office 365 select the option for Exchange Online as the target server.
If you are unsure of what to enter you can get this information from the Archive Manager Configuration Utility on the server.
4. After entering the SQL connection properties click Connect. This will connect to the Archive Manager database and you should see a list of mailboxes populate under Archive Manager on the left side.
5. Next, click the + next to Exchange Online and enter the credentials for the global admin account for your Office 365 OR other powerful cloud user having the following Exchange rights granted:
Note: If you receive an error regarding the tool being unable to open a runspace:
6. After connecting to both the local Archive Manager database and Exchange Online you will see the list of mailboxes in Archive Manager in the list on the left and the list of mailboxes in the Exchange Online tenant on the right.
To perform the migration for a mailbox, select the source from the left side and the correct mailbox on the right and click the Map button.
7. After selecting a mailbox from both lists and clicking Map it will show in the bottom section indicating that the tool is ready to perform a migration for the mailbox.
8. Once you have selected all the mailboxes you need to perform a migration on, click the Start Migration button in the bottom right.
You will be presented with a warning about taking a backup of the SQL databases before continuing, remember it is critical that a backup is taken first before running the migration and there should never be an exception to this. Click Yes to continue.
After your mailboxes have been migrated Metalogix Archive Manager can continue to archive the mailboxes from Office 365.
We also recommend verifying all of your group settings for the mailboxes are correct to ensure archiving is using the policies and settings expected.
© 2021 Quest Software Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Feedback 이용 약관 개인정보 보호정책