For Outlook to be able to open archived messages we publish a set of forms to Exchange which Outlook automatically downloads and uses to know how to open shortcuts created by Metalogix Archive Manager for Exchange. These forms are published to the Public Folders in a system folder called the Organization Forms Library.
IMPORTANT: Before migrating mailboxes to Office 365 it is recommended that the forms for Archive Manager should are published to your Office 365 account. If mailboxes are moved before forms are published users will be unable to open archived messages once their local Outlook forms cache expires.
Publish forms to your Office 365 tenant
Setup the Organization Forms Library
1. Open a Powershell connection for your Office 365 account. This can be done with the following commands:
$LiveCred = Get-Credential
$session = New-PSSession -ConfigurationName Microsoft.Exchange -ConnectionUri https://ps.outlook.com/powershell/ -Credential $LiveCred -Authentication Basic -AllowRedirection
2. Create a public folder mailbox in your Office 365 account if one does not already exist. Even if you are not planning to use public folders for other purposes a public folder mailbox is needed so we can publish the forms.
New-Mailbox -PublicFolder -Name PublicFolder
3. Create the Organization Forms library by running this command:
New-PublicFolder -Path "\NON_IPM_SUBTREE\EFORMS REGISTRY" -NAME "Organization Forms Library"
4. Specify the language for the library by running this command:
Set-PublicFolder "\NON_IPM_SUBTREE\EFORMS REGISTRY\Organization Forms Library" -EformsLocaleID EN-US
5. Add permission to the public folder by running this command (replace SUPERUSER with the name of a Global Admin for your Office 365 tenant):
Get-PublicFolder -ID "\non_IPM_Subtree\eforms registry" -GetChildren | Add-Publicfolderclientpermission -user SUPERUSER -accessrights owner
The previous commands will set up the Organization forms Library as well as setting the parameters and permissions needed so we can publish forms.
Create an Outlook profile for your Office 365 Global Admin account
For the next steps, you will need to log on and work from the archive server.
1. Create an Outlook profile for your Office 365 Global Admin account (use the same account that was used in step 5 above).
From the Control Panel, go to Mail 32-bit. Once there, Click "Add" to create a new profile and name it something you will recognize (Example: O365):
3. Finish setting up the profile
4. Ensure the option for Prompt for a profile to be used is selected in the Mail options
Publish Forms from the archive server to Office 365
1. Open the Forms Installer.
Note: We recommend right-clicking and choosing Run As Administrator.
2. Click Next on the first page leaving the option for Install/repair selected
3. Click Next on the forms template page
4. On the forms selection page, select all the forms on the left side and click the >> to select them. Click Next to proceed
5. Click Next on the Outlook Forms events page (all options should be selected by default). Click Next to proceed
6. On the Retrieve Servers page the Location ID and name for your Primary Retrieve Server should already be populated.
If these fields are blank you can get the required details from the Locations tab in the Metalogix Archive Manager for Exchange console. Click Next to proceed:
7. On the Retrieval settings page leave the default options selected unless you have configured SSL for your archive server.
If you are unsure if you should be using SSL you can check this in the Locations tab in the Metalogix Archive Manager for Exchange console. Click Next to proceed:
8. Finally you will be brought to the summary page which shows a summary of the previous steps. Click Install:
9. When prompted to select an Outlook Profile, select the Office 365 profile you created earlier:
After the installation is completed successfully the forms should be available to your users after a few hours.
If you experience problems completing these steps or if forms are still not available please contact support for assistance.
© 2021 Quest Software Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Feedback 이용 약관 개인정보 보호정책