A few notes when performing restores beforre you start
To perform a restore of an individual mailbox, search for the mailbox using the Look for field above the group list. After finding the mailbox you can right-click it and select Restore Mailbox:
To restore "lost" items (messages that have been deleted from the mailbox), click on the Archive tab, right-click on the mailbox and select Restore lost mailbox items and check the "Delete all versions of the document" option:
Please keep in mind that if you choose to restore Lost Items, you are restoring items the user has chosen to delete from their mailbox.
Restoring ALL MESSAGES
If you are needing to restore all messages from the archive to a mailbox in Exchange or Office 365, this can be done using the Enterprise Manager console on the archive server. Running a restore will replace all shortcuts in the user's mailboxes with the original message from the archive.
1. To start the restore process open Enterprise Manager on the archive server, and switch to the Archive View:
2. Once in the Archive View, go to the mailboxes tab. You will see the list of groups that have been imported into Archive Manager.
The easiest way to restore all messages is to start a restore process on a group of mailboxes as it will automatically scan all messages for all mailboxes that are part of the group.
To perform a restore on a group, right-click the group on the mailboxes tab and select Restore Mailboxes:
3. After selecting Restore Mailboxes you will be asked if you want to delete all versions of the item in the archive.
If you select the checkbox all items restored to the mailbox will be marked for deletion in Archive Manager in preparation for purging the items from the archive.
For more information about purging messages from the archive please refer to the Archive Manager Administration Manual or the following article:
4. After clicking Accept the restore process will begin:
5. Restores are a two-step operation:
- First, the software will scan all mailboxes and determine the shortcuts that each user has.
- After the scan has been completed Archive Manager will begin restoring messages and you will see the progress bar start to fill.
Once the restore is finished the restore window will report the restore has been completed. If you have any additional groups you can repeat these steps to restore data for those groups as well.
- If you receive E150 errors during the restore process this usually indicates the mailbox is full.
- If there are any other errors during the restore, you can run the restore again. It will attempt to restore only the items that have not been restored.
© 2021 Quest Software Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Feedback 이용 약관 개인정보 보호정책