How do I install and configure vFoglight Storage 2.0? I have downloaded and installed vFoglight 6.7 (or higher) and would like to configure the vFoglight Storage cartridge.
This is Part 1 – Installing the Master Agent.
1) Log into vFoglight and navigate to the Homes | Storage Environment dashboard.
2) The first thing that is needed is to install the Master Agent. This is necessary to allow all the collection agents to be installed. On the Administration Tab, click Add.
3) All 64 bit servers that have a FglAM installed will be displayed. Select the server to install the Master Agent on and click next. There will be a series of messages on the screen.
4) Click Next on the confirmation page. There will be another series of messages.
5) When you arrive at the Storage Agent Master Requirements page, please refer to the manual or other current documentation to determine the requirements for your installation. Environments vary in size and this is reflected in the resource requirements.
6) Configure the databases to reside on the proper drives on the FglAM server. The more spindles the databases are spread across the better performance will be.
7) When you arrive on the ‘Select resource Type’ page, the master agent is successfully installed. This will only need to be done once per FglAM server. To install future collection agents, step 3 will jump to step 7.
This Video will help illustrate the installation.
vFoglight Storage version 2.0
Other helpful Installation videos:
SOL96898 Video - Installation Part 1 - Master Agent
SOl96978 Video - Installation Part 2 - Brocade
SOL96973 Video - Installation Part 3 - Cisco Switches
SOL96979 Video - Installation Part 4 - NetApp Filers
SOL96495 Video - Installation Part 5 - Configure EMC SMIs collection
SOL97937 Video - Installation Part 6 - Configure Dell SMIs collection
© 2020 Quest Software Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Feedback 이용 약관 개인정보 보호정책