To update the Application Pool Identity:
- In the Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager, Navigate to and highlight Application Pools.
- On the right select DaAppPool.
- Under Actions | Edit Application Pool | Click on Advanced settings…
- Under Process Model select Identity.
- Click the browse button (…) next to the account name.
- Click Set…
- Set the new/updated credentials (Domain\Username).
- Press OK.
- Press OK again.
- Select DaAppPool.
- Press the Start button under Action | Application Pool Tasks.
- Exit the Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
- Launch Desktop Authority Manager.
A. If access is still not available to Desktop Authority Manager, verify that the credentials being used for DaAppPool are listed under the local security policy "Log on as a batch job".
On Windows 2008 Server:
1. Navigate to Start | All Programs | Administrative Tools |Local Security Policy
2. Navigate to |Security Settings | Local Policies | User Rights Assignment
3. Make changes to properties of policy "Log on as a batch job"
4. Add the DA admin service account
B. If changes can't be made and options are greyed out, it is being set by group policy.
1. You can verify what group policy is setting this by going to a cmd prompt:
2. Type: gpresult /v > c:\gpresult.txt
3. Navigate to C:\ and open gpresult.txt file
4. Perform a search for "batch". This will identify the GPO that has "BatchLogonRight" set.
5. Proceed to use GPMC tool to add or modify this GPO.
IIS Error 2280 follow the KB from Mcafee.