We’ll start by filtering on devices:
- In the Devices tab, you’ll see a list of devices and the left-hand Filter panel that includes a Users section and Devices section.
- You can Filter by several categories - Let’s start by filtering on Device Name.
- Within the Devices section in the filtering panel, enter the full or partial name of the device you’re searching for.
- It’s easy to clear a filter - just click the X next to a filter in the active search criteria bar at the top of the page.
- We could also search by something like area code - let’s try 203, and it using the plus button. [pause]
- Click a name in the list to open the details panel on the right.
■ You can see the user’s device details, including the area code and phone number. You’ll also see hardware information, as well as details on apps and certificates. [add freeze frame]
■ As an Admin, you’ll also see the functions available to you for managing a user’s device--such as locking or setting passcodes.
You may need to do a more Complex Search that will include Multiple Filters. Here’s an example:
- We’ve already pared down the list to only Enrolled devices. Now let’s filter by Android devices with a total of 64GB of space.
- I’ll find Android under the Operating System Name filter, I’ll then use the Total Space filter and set the parameters to minimum zero and maximum 64. Again, I add it to my active filters list by using the plus button.
- My list now includes only those devices that meet my criteria. [pause for video]
You can also sort your filtered results.
- Let’s clear our filters and start again with a full list of users.
- To sort your results, use the toggle arrows to the right of each column header--in this example, I’ll start by sorting on Form Factor first.
- Notice that when I sort, the two toggle arrows change to one arrow that is either ascending or descending. To clear the sort direction, click the toggle arrows until both arrows are shown.
- You can also sort by multiple criteria. First I sorted my list by Form Factor. If I then sort by Device Name, you’ll notice that the list sorts first by Form Factor. And within those results, it then sorts by Device Name.
- To reset all filters and start again, just click the toggle arrows for each column head until the ascending and descending arrows are both present.
And that’s how you filter and sort within KACE Cloud MDM.