Microsoft has made it possible to easily lift EWS throttling limits for up to 90 days during a migration.
Our products mentioned below use EWS to communicate with Office 365:
- Cloud Commander
- PST Flight Deck
- Archive Shuttle
To request that Microsoft relax the throttling limits, follow these steps:
- Go to the Help (?) section of the Microsoft 365 admin center.
- Click the Need Help icon.
- Enter “EWS throttling” as the search phrase.
- Click Run tests when asked to check your environment. The tests check what EWS throttling applies to the tenant.
- The support assistant checks the tenant settings and should normally conclude that EWS is throttled. You’ll then be offered the chance to update the settings to the tenant EWS policy to lift throttling for 30, 60, or 90 days.
- Select the number of days you’d like to adjust the policy for and then Update Settings
- After a short delay, the support assistant should confirm that the settings have been changed.
- The new setting will be effective for the tenant in about 15 minutes and you should then be able to start migration transfers at full speed.