How to configure Filer collections in vFoglight Storage 2.0?
1) Navigate to the Homes | Storage Environment dashboard. Select the Administration Tab.
2) The Master Agent should already be installed and will be shown at the bottom of the screen in the StorageAgentMaster Monitor Agents section. If it is not installed, please refer to the solution to install this.
3) Click Add
4) Select the FglAM you want to install this agent on. The FglAM should have a master agent on it, or the master agent will be installed at this time.
5) Select the Filers radial button. Select the Filer you want to add.
Data-on-tap 7.2.1 or higher is required.
6) Put the IP address in the IP address field. A DNS name will not work.
7) Apply or add the proper credentials. Click to release the Lockbox to the Client.
vFoglight Storage requires a user account with login-http-admin, api-*, security-api-vfiler, cli-priv, cli-version capabilities. If your security requirements need this to be further refined, please refer to the documentation for the detailed list of the exact permissions needed.
8) In the next screen you can add as many Filer Agents as needed that all use the same credentials. All Filers in the environment need to be collected from. Click next once everything has been added.
9) You will be returned to the main agent page and should see 3 green checks. Please click on refresh if all boxes are not checked.
Other helpful Installation videos:
SOL96898 Video - Installation Part 1 - Master Agent
SOl96978 Video - Installation Part 2 - Brocade
SOL96973 Video - Installation Part 3 - Cisco Switches
SOL96979 Video - Installation Part 4 - NetApp Filers
SOL96495 Video - Installation Part 5 - Configure EMC SMIs collection