After changing the InTrust service account on the Quest InTrust Server service and Quest Real-Time Monitoring Server service, neither service will start. The following error comes up in a Pop-up message.
"Could not start the Quest InTrust Server service on the local computer, Error 0x80004005: Unspecified Error"
Right after the change is made, the following is seen in the InTrust windows event log followed by other errors pertaining to starting processes:
"Cannot start InTrust Server module 'cd54ceab-a47c-49c6-9300-76b69a59d8c5'. Error code: 0xaadc19ad."
This can be because the service account has changed in on the services without adding the account to InTrust Organization Admins within the InTrust Manager. When this is done the change is not reflected in the database and the services fail when the account is checked for membership to the Organization Admins in the InTrust Configuration Database.
1. Change the service account on the "Quest InTrust Server" service and "Quest Real-Time Monitoring Server" service back to the original account.
2. Start the services.
3. Open the "Quest InTrust Manager".
4. Right-click on the "Quest InTrust Manager" (top node of the tree) | select "Properties" | click the "Organizational Admins" tab | click the "Add" button and add the new service account.
5. Change the service account on the "Quest InTrust Server service" and "Quest Real-Time Monitoring Server" service back to the new account.
6. Start the "Quest Real-Time Monitoring Server" service. (this should start all required services.)