What are the steps to relocate the Foglight NMS server and database and transfer the license key to a new server ?
1. Contact support to have the license key detached from the existing server before proceeding.
2. If the server's IP address and DNS entry will change and the agents are checking into an IP address, take a screenshot of the current configurations first.
Then delete the agents and re-discover them.
3. If the server's IP address and DNS entry will not change, the agents will not have to be re-discovered.
4. Install .NET 4 on the new server before installing Foglight NMS.
5. Back up the SQL Server database and place it on a device that can be accessed from the new server.
6. On the new server, let it come up with the default SQL Server CE database. At that point, delete the SQL Server CE database and paste in the saved SQL Server database in its place.
7. Stop/Start the server services, making sure it is completely flushed from the system through Task Manager before starting.