Below is a Video and instructions to show you how to install the Microsoft Online Report Pack.
Note: This shows installing the Microsoft Online Report pack 7.2 but is the same process for installing Report pack Versions 7.1 and newer.
1. After you have downloaded and Extracted the latest MessageStats Installation Package, go into the package and then into the SQL directory and copy the Platforms folder to the SQL server that hosts the MessageStats database.
2. Now on the SQL server that host the MessageStats database, Open SQL Server Management Studio and connect to the instance that hosts the MessageStats database.
3. You will now go to the File Menu and Select Open - File
4. From here browse to the Platforms folder that you copied over from the MessageStats server and open the Microsoft Online Folder and then click on the Microsoft Online SQL script and select Open.
5. You will be prompted to connect to the SQL Instance again, Click Connect and then on the Top Left and side click the drop down menu and change the Database to MessageStats and then click on the Execute button to start the database install
6. Verify that the query completed successfully at the bottom of the window and then you can close SQL Management Studio and go back to the MessageStats server.
7. Now back on the MessageStats server go back into the install package and find the autorun.exe and right click on it and select open.
8. Here you are going to maximize the window then click on the Install tab and then click on the (Microsoft Online Link) to start the installation wizard.
9. Read over the Welcome to Microsoft Online Report Pack window and make sure all steps are taken and click Next
10. Read the Transaction Product License Agreement and then select the I accept the license agreement box and click next
11. In my case, I will be installing all the components on the Local server except the Database feature Click on the Database node and select the Entire Feature will be unavailable we are doing this as we already installed the database manually on the remote SQL server earlier. Click Next
in my case I am running link server so I am going to click Resume to continue the installation.
12. If any Task are running please stop them or if the MessageStats console is open close it and click Resume.
13. You will now Click Next to begin the installation
14. Click Finish to complete the installation