When replicating from a stand-alone host to a host in a Virtual Center, the job fails almost immediately with the "Unable to successfully load and create host system" error message.
This is a known issue (Quest Defect ID 13618). Please refer to the “Resolved Issues” section of the Product Release Notes when new releases are available to identify if a fix for this defect has been implemented.
Add the stand-alone host to a Virtual Center (VC) and recreate the replication job.
Remove the VC from vRanger's inventory and recreate the replication job. Note: This might not be possible to do in vSphere 5 or if the VMs that are being replicated are included in DRS (i.e. might be moved automatically from host to host).
1) Remove Target vm from vmware inventory.
2) edit the vmx file to change the uuid.bios value. Increase value by 1 is sufficiant.
3) add vm back into vmware inventory.
4) refresh vRanger inventory.
5) edit replication job and select new Preseed vm to set new UUID in vRanger.