The files I added to the Project Manger are now moved to a different path. How do I re-direct the links to where they are moved? For example, originally my files were located in "C:\Jon's Documents" but now it is moved to "D:\Mary's Documents." How do I redirect the files in my Project Manger to "D:\Mary's Documents?"
There is no option in Toad to re-directly the links. You will need to drop each of the added files in the Project Manger and re-add them one at a time; however, by editing the Project.tpr file directly, you can copy and paste the new path.
1. Close out Toad. This is very important or else it won't work.
2. Go to the following path depending on which OS you have.
- For Windows XP go to "C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\Quest Software\Toad for Oracle\"
- For Windows Vista and 7 go to "C:Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Quest Software\Toad for Oracle\"
3. At this point you see folder(s) with your Toad version and past versions if you have or had them. So if you have or had Toad 9.7, you'll see a 9.7 folder. If you have or had Toad 10.X, you'll see 10.X and so forth with Toad 11. Open the folder for the version that applies to you and then open the "User Files" folder.
4. In the User Files, look for the Project.tpr and make another back even if a backup is already present.
5. Open the Project.tpr file with notepad and edit the path manually by copying once the changes and pasting the changes.
6. Save it and start Toad. The Project Manager should pick up the new paths for the files.