If the DBA creates the database manually without using the create_db script, we have these requirements:
- SQL authentication depneding upon which version of FMS is running(Windows authentication is not supported in older version but the latest version of FMS supports it).
- SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CS_AS collation is required (we need this case-sensitive collation).
- The foglight database user needs db owner permissions on the foglight database.
- The foglight db needs to be the primary db for the foglight db account.
- If using a SQL cluster, we need the SQL Host name (actual server name), the SQL instance name, and the database name.
- The db account used cannot be over 16 characters in length.
- (recommended/optional) in order to reduce the size of the transaction logs, set the database to “Simple Recovery” mode.