NVDB is the central repository for NVBU Server and configuration files. To safeguard your NVBU Server, you must perform regular backups of the NVDB. NVDB backup allows you to recover an NVBU Server in the event of a disaster.
It is recommended that you schedule daily backups of the NVDB once all jobs have completed, and use specific media or media group for these backups .
Please see video below:
1. Start the NetVault Backup (NVBU) Console.
2. Click Backup on the toolbar or Large Buttons panel to open the NVBU Backup window.
3. On the Selections tab, open the NVBU Server
4. In the list of plug-ins, open NetVault Databases.
5. Select the NetVault Database node.
6. Click the Backup Options tab, and configure the following parameters:
7. Click the Schedule, Target and Advanced Options tabs, and configure the required options. These options are common to all NVBU Plug-ins. For details on configuring these options, refer to the Quest NetVault Backup Administrator’s Guide.
8. Enter a title for the job in the Job Title box at the top right corner of the NVBU Backup window. Specify a detailed title that allows you to easily identify the job for monitoring its progress or restoring data.
9. Click Submit on the toolbar.