NetVault version: All
OS Version: All
Plugin version: N/A
Application version: N/A
Description: Modifying ANY NetVault configuration files can disable rhe software functionality. Only make changes to the NetVault configuration files if instructed to do so by a NetVault support engineer. If you do have to make configuration changes to NetVault configuration files here's how to do it correctly.
Symptoms: If the proper steps are not taken to save the new/modified configuration file, the old configuration will overwrite the new/changed configuration file.
When editing the NetVault configuration files, you need to adhere to the following steps to insure that the new/changed configuration file is saved correctly. Leaving the NVconfigurator open prevents the configuration file from being updated correctly.
1. Before making any changes or edit any configuration files, close the NVGUI, "STOP" the NetVault service using either the NVconfigurator or command line.
2. Close the NVconfigurator. The NetVault Configurator loads and holds the configuration files in memory when it is open. Therefore modifications to the underlying config files while it's open will be overwritten by the Configuration that is held in memory.
3. Copy and rename the file that you wish to modify. (a backup copy, if needed later).
4. Modify the configuration file, then save the file.
5. "START" the NetVault service using either the NVconfigurator or command line.
6. Verify that the changes that you made to the configuration file are implemented. If so, you can then delete the copied file in step three.