Date: Mar 2011
Product & Version: NetVault Backup 8.5.x
OS Version: N/A
Module & Version: N/A
Application version: N/A
Note it is not possible to downgrade the server to a version of the software that is lower than one of the clients. The NetVault server must be at least the same version as the clients. If necessary, the clients will need to be downgraded so that they are not a higher version than the server version.
This procedure can only be performed within a release group family such as 8.5.x. This is not supported to downgrade from 8.5.x to any 8.2.x or older.
1) Perform a NetVault Database backup. In order to save time and if there is a choice, VTL would be faster, SmartDisk could potentially be slower as a scan is required.
2) Note down the tape label of the NetVault Database backup.
3) Shutdown NetVault.
4) Copy the file <NetVault>\db\MediaDatabase\Indexes\DeviceTree to a temporary directory called Indexes.
5) Copy the file <NetVault>\db\MediaDatabase\Records\DeviceTree to a temporary directory called Records.
6) Uninstall the NetVault software. Delete the NetVault installation directory.
7) Install the version of NetVault you are downgrading to.
8) Shutdown NetVault.
9) Copy the DeviceTree file from the temporary Indexes folder to the <NetVault>\db\MediaDatabase\Indexes\ folder.
10) Copy the DeviceTree file from the temporary Records folder to the <NetVault>\db\MediaDatabase\Records\ folder.
11) Restart NetVault.
12) Scan the tape that contains the NetVault Database backup. The tape label was recorded in step (2).
13) Restore the NetVault database. This will cause NetVault to terminate.
14) Restart NetVault.
SFDC solution number: 6173
English version available ID
Version franÃ§aise disponible ID
Deutsche Version verfÃ¼gbar ID
Prepared by: V Martyn