Title: Filesystem differential backing up too many files.
Date: Dec 10
Product & Version: NetVault All
OS Version: All
Module & Version: N/A
Application version: N/A
- Weekly full backups typically take more than 1 tape.
- Daily Differential are backing up far too many files.
- Fulls and Differentials were setup correctly i.e. Differentials based upon the Full Selection Set.
- Some backups were set to re-use media to "Never" and was changed to "Any" to no avail.
- Group labels were being used and were enough tapes to cope with that backup.
Look for any process outside of NetVault that might be changing / modifying the backed up files.
crontab tasks such as chmod -R g+w on the selected files would cause the differentials to backup as fulls.