Affected NV Version: All
OS Version: all
Plugin version: N/A
Application version: N/A
When starting Netvault service Nvsched runs CPU up to 100%. The GUI takes a very long time to open.
This could be a problem with the schedule database in which case it is worth running nvscheddbcheck compact a few times and also following the procedure to recreate and re-populate the db:
1. Run a backup of the Netvault database but with the options 'check' and 'compact' UNTICKED in backup options.
2. Stop the Netvault service
3. Go to the dir /netvault/db on the Netvault server.
4. Copy the folder scheduledatabase to another location (another disk if possible but definitely to another directory .
5. Delete the original directory scheduledatabase from the /db directory.
6. Restart the Netvault
7. A new blank copy of the schedule database will be created when the service is restarted.
8. Go to the restore window and run a restore of the last Netvault database backup selecting only 'schedule manager' from the list of options. This will restore the list of jobs
Another cause of this could be that there are a very large number of jobs in the scheduler, ie a plugin (like NDMP, snapvault manger, Oracle RMAN) may create a job every day for each server and older ones are not being deleted.