When attempting a Hotadd backup one or more tasks may fail with the above error.
Please be sure that all iSCSI or Fibre LUNS are presented to the ESX host where the vRanger VM is located.
- Connect the VI client to the Virtual Center server or directly to the host if no Virtual Center server is present
- Select the ESX host in the left hand inventory view
- Select the Configuration tab in the right hand pane
- Select Storage Adapters from the Hardware window
- Click on Rescan All in the top right of the Configuration window
- In the popup box "Rescan" be sure that "Scan for New Storage Devices" and "Scan for New VMFS Volumes" are checked
- Click OK
- Wait a few minutes and then click on Storage in the Hardware Window.
- The LUN should be listed