Date: November 2006
NV Version: 7.1.2 and later
OS Version: Linux x86-64
Application version:Oracle 9.2.x
Plugin version:Oracle Online APM 4.600
Can't browse Oracle Database - "Helper failed to connect back" error occurs.
Oracle 9.2.x databases can't be browsed from Oracle Online APM - "Helper failed to connect back" error occurs.
NetVault tries to load Oracle 10.x library instead of Oracle 9.2.x library.
Please follow this process in order to properly configure Oracle 9i to be used with the 4.600 release of the Oracle Online APM:
1. Login as the Oracle user.
2. Navigate to the $ORACLE_HOME/lib directory.
3. Determine the "libclntsh" library by running "ls -l libclnt*" command. The "ls" command will show available "libclntsh" library - either "libclntsh.so" or libclntsh.so.9.0
4. Create a symbolic link to the "libclntsh" library by issuing "ln" command.
* If the value returned in step3 was "libclntsh.so":
# ln -s libclntsh.so libclntsh.so.10.1
* If the value returned in step3 was "libclntsh.so.9.0":
# ln -s libclntsh.so.9.0 libclntsh.so.10.1