Date - 10/2006
Affected Product & Version - NetVault Backup All
Affected Module & Version - N/A
OS Version - All
Application Information - N/A
How To Set Global Notification
From the NetVault server:
1. From the NetVault GUI, select "Administration", then "Global Notification".
2. Expand the Job Notification Folder and/or any others you would like to set notifications up for.
3. Check the box adjacent to Sysop E-mail.
4. Click on the "\SAVE button in the upper left hand corner to save your
5. Now open the NetVault Configurator and select the "Notification" tab
6. On the "Mail Server" sub-tab, fill in the fields with the appropriate
(The "NetVault's E-Mail Address" field is what you want the "sent by" info to display, it is not an actual e-mail address. "NetVault's Real Name", again, is just how you want it displayed in the e-mail)
7.Now select the "Global Notification" tab.
(The e-mail address here is the actual address you want the notification to be sent to, or you can create a distribution list so that the e-mail can be sent to multiple e-mail addresses)
*Please note, your email application must be able to allow the forwarding of anonymous emails
8. Click "Apply" then "Ok"
This is easily tested by running a backup job that you know will fail