Affected NV Version: 7.4.2 and later (including 8.x)
OS Version: Windows2000 and Windows2003
Plugin version: n/a
Application version: n/a
How to enable evaluation of the Encryption features for NetVault 7.4.2 and later (including 8.x)
With version 7.4.2 and later (including 8.x) of NetVault, the Encryption feature is installed by default, but not enabled. To enable an evaluation of the Encryption feature, it is necessary to manually install a temporary license key. The temporary key is included with 7.4.2 and later (including 8.x). To install the key simply-
1. Open NVGUI
2. Click on Client Management
3. Right click on the client you intend to enable Encryption on
4. Choose "Install Software"
5. Navigate to C:\Program Files\BakBone Software\NetVault\Packages\Extra\
6. Then click on "celxxxx.npk"
* celxxxx.npk is a 45 day evaluation key
** Note that Encryption is not compatible with some other NetVault Plugins. Please consult BakBone Customer Support before enabling Encryption on a client on which optional/additional NetVault Plugins are installed.