Affected NV Version: ALL up to 7.4.5
OS Version: All
Plugin version: N/A
Application version: N/A
Description: How to Remove a Virtual Library from NetVault on a Mac
1. Launch your NVAdmin GUI
2. Highlight NetVault Server
3. At the bottom of GUI, click on "Devices"
4. Right Click on the Device you want to remove, and choose "Remove"
5. Launch a Command Prompt window
6. Stop NetVault services by doing cd into your NetVault "etc" directory (usually - /usr/netvault/etc) and type the following: ./startup.sh stop
7. cd to your NetVault "config" Directory (usually /usr/netvault/config)
9. Find the file called "diskdevices.cfg" (not the one with the lck on it)
10. vi into the diskdevices.cfg file and under the bracketed [Libraries], remove the corresponding line, that shows the location of the virtual Library (ex: /VDL/VDLMAC)
11. Once you remove the above information, you will need to remove the corresponding line(s) that shows the location of the virtual libraries drives (ex: /VDL/VDLMAC/ DRIVE: 1)
12. Once done editing, exit/save your changes
13. Re-start NetVault Services, cd into your NetVault "etc" directory (usually - /usr/netvault/etc) and type the following: ./startup.sh start
You should no longer have any record of your old Virtual, and can now create a new one if need be.